- Q:What is your story?
- A:I have been operating Fiveleft as an independent contractor and small creative digital studio since 2006. I grew up in Wisconsin, got my first job as a Flash Developer at Tank Design in Boston, and moved to Seattle to start Fiveleft Interactive and begin working for myself.
- Q:Where are you located?
- A:I set up shop in Seattle. I’ve worked on-site with agencies and clients across the city, but I do the majority of my work remotely with agencies across the United States.
- Q:What types of projects have you worked on?
- A:A majority of my work has been building websites for promotional campaigns featuring product launches, marketing releases or seasonal campaigns. I have also acted as lead front-end developer for major e-commerce website overhauls, and played outside of the commerce sandbox by creating stand-alone displays for museum displays and animations for both product launches and awards presentations.
- Q:What types of roles have you played?
- A:I’ve had the pleasure of working on major campaigns for well-known companies, in supportive and lead technical roles. I’ve worked with large creative teams from the early conceptual stages of a project, and I’ve helped polish off projects that have stalled and needed a push.
- Q:Any philosophies or approaches you believe in?
- A:Great design and user experience is key – my best projects have had me working closely with a designer to understand the nuances of the project, and I can fill out the final product with rich animations and interactive responses to create the fullest experience.
- Q:What types of projects do you want to work on?
- A:I’ve been fortunate to work on cutting edge projects that have pushed the boundaries of interactive my entire career, and I always embrace a project that challenges any idea of what can be done?
- I am seeking socially-conscious projects so that I may help convey important messages.
I’d like to get more involved in enhancing long-form journalism with interactive features to help tell a story with multimedia integration.
Clients I've produced
I would love to hear what you’re working on, whether you’re a big agency or another small-studio. I’ve been doing this a long time, and I’m hungry for new ideas and ways to push the bar. Hit me up with a unique idea or collaborative effort, in any size, shape or form.
I enjoy relationships with clients and agencies of all sizes. Drop a note if you would like to discuss a project or an opportunity, even in the early stages of its development.